I can’t believe it’s been three years doing CrossFit. It seems like such a long time when spoken out loud, but in my mind, it doesn’t seem that long at all.
I had no expectations going in. I began CrossFit because, honestly, I was at a level of fitness that wasn’t progressing doing the typical “gym routine” of exercise classes, cardio, and circuit training machines. My personal trainer suggested I try CrossFit — which I did — and I was immediately hooked.
CrossFit has grown into a lifestyle for me. I can’t imagine life without it, honestly. My life beforehand seems dull without it.
After three years of CrossFit, I’m happy with where I’m at except for one thing: I don’t have my ring muscle ups. It’s a bit depressing really.
So what did I get from 3 years doing CrossFit?
What 3 Years of CrossFit has done for me:
- Given me an amazing sense of accomplishment. I’ll never forget the first time I climbed a rope or got my first pull up. Feats of strength most women only dream of — and I did them.
- Given me a body I never dreamed I’d have, didn’t think I ever wanted, but now that I have it, I can’t imagine not having it.
- Given me a self-confidence that intimidates others (so I’m told). I know what I want, and I either go do it or go get it. There’s nothing in-between.
- Given me a focus that allows me to accomplish an amazing amount of work in a short time period.
- Opened up possibilities of what is possible. I’ve learned everything is possible if you can overcome your mental barriers.
- Honed my competitive skills. I love to compete, and I think I’m better at competing since starting CrossFit.
- Made me different. We’re all unique in our own ways, but there’s something about those who CrossFit that is different than others. I not only look different; I am different.
- Given me a determination that translates to all areas of my life. When I set my mind to do something, it gets done.
CrossFit is a Lifestyle
CrossFit is definitely a lifestyle. A lifestyle 3 years ago I never would have imagined or thought I needed.
Now, I need it like the moon needs the sun to shine. I’m smarter about it. Don’t go so hard. Try to minimize the tweaks and such. Because I want to still be CrossFitting in 15 years.