I remember a mom telling me she got a part-time job to pay for her kids to do an expensive soccer travel program. I remember thinking at the time she was nuts.
Yet here I am, working to pay for my passion–CrossFit–and everything that goes along with that.
I’m sure she’d think I was nuts as well.
In the last month, I’ve spent a great deal of money on maintaining my body because of CrossFit.
- Sprained wrist. Doctor’s visit
- Chiropractor for scar tissue built up in my hand from ripping
- Muscle activation technique to get my muscles working again
- Hydrostatic testing for body fat measurements
Throw in life on top of this:
- My son broke his finger
- I have an eye appointment because I have a partially detached retina from who-knows-when that I have to have monitored
- I chipped a tooth and had to have that fixed
And my whole paycheck for the month is gone. All for body, routine, and emergency maintenance.
I wonder Is it worth it? All this time and money and aches and pains.
And the answer is always the same: YES!
For what CrossFit gives me, most of which is indescribable. An outlet. A venue. A community. A sense of belonging. A release. Health. Happiness. Fulfillment of a deep need. Satisfaction. Confidence. Goals. Connections. Friends.