I’ve always been a horrible rower in CrossFit. Until today when I was doing a modified version of Fight Gone Bad.
After 3 years, I think I’ve finally figured out how to row.
How to Row in CrossFit
- Row with your legs. 60 percent legs. 20 percent core. 20 percent arms.
- When you’re at the catch position (handle is near the front of the rower), you wait until you feel it stop. Then you pull.
- You pull straight to your breastbone. There is no dip in the movement.
- Lean back slightly in order to make sure the chain of the rower is at its max.
- Pull the rower to your body with force. Finish with a strong pull.
I hope these tips will help you become a better rower in your next WOD.