WORKING OUT AT HOME
For those of you who are just beginning to work out at home, here are some tips to help you:
- Just start. It will be hard at first, but once you start moving, you’ll get into a rhythm.
- Use what you have. If all you have is your body, you can do a lot of workouts: run, push ups, air squats, pistols, etc. If you have a jump rope or a dumbbell, use those. Improvise.
- Keep it consistent. You will be more likely to stick to a workout routine when it is a routine. If you were going to the gym every day, continue to work out at that same time.
- Find an online workout community. Many gyms are using apps such as SugarWOD and others to ensure their members are staying connected. They are programming at-home workouts so you can check in with others regularly. Take advantage of these.
- Don’t be discouraged. This, too, shall pass.