It’s a tradition of mine to post how much I spent on CrossFit for the year:
- CrossFit gym memberships: $1440
- CrossFit competitions: approximately $1000
- Runs: approximately $300
- New wallballs: approximately $150
- 25-lb weights: approximately $60
- Massages: approximately $1000
- Chiropractor: $1750
- Orange Theory membership: $695 (I’ve moved to a punch card)
- CrossFit clothes: approximately $300
- No Bull Shoes: $120
Total is: $6815. Self-care led the pack this year. When you are a masters CrossFit athlete, self-care is crucial in order to avoid injury and keep moving.
This may seem like a lot (it does so to me), but it’s truly the only thing that keeps me sane. Some people see a psyhologist; I just beat the crap out of my body. Does the same thing probably for about the same cost.